Historic Building and Conservation Advice
Historic Building and Conservation Advice the historic environment is our heritage. We can offer a tailored service for the repair and adaptation of historic buildings. It is essential that appropriate advice be sought to ensure historic buildings are suitably repaired and maintained.
At GP Property Advisors we have significant experience of dealing with Listed and prestigious buildings having worked on a number of projects in North West, including:-
- External repair works to the Grade I listed The Albert Dock, Liverpool.
- Internal repair and office refurbishments within the Grade II* Cunard Building, Liverpool.
- Stone cleaning of several prestigious office buildings in Liverpool City Centre using methods approved by Conservation officers.
- We can therefore offer particular expertise in the repair, maintenance and adaptation of the historic environment.
We are committed to the appropriate and sympathetic life cycle development of historic buildings. This tailored approach ensures that works are compatible with conservation requirements, economic constraints and the need to maintain the effective and efficient use of the building.
We can offer:-
- Professional approach to solutions for your property needs
- Establish working relationships with Conservation officers and English Heritage
- Detailed knowledge and experience of traditional materials and their application
- Contact details for contractors and crafts man with the correct skills.
- Maintenance of listed buildings is not just essential, it’s a legal requirement. A Listed Building Survey can reveal its current state of repair and the extent of remedial work that may be necessary.
Remember the whole of the building will be listed including its interior, exterior, and sometimes even boundary walls – if it was listed with later alterations these will be included to.
Alterations to a listed building cannot be made without consent. We can help you identify possible unauthorised alteration where future issues may arise.
A full understanding of a historic listed building is essential to ensure its successful conservation. A Listed Building survey gives you this intimate knowledge.